Sunday, 12 January 2014

Mince Pies

Before and after photos, (I hope ) I decided to make some mince pies yesterday as I had the oven on the go for 2 Meatloaves. I love to cook but loathe the washing up that is to be done after, so I decided to make 3 lots of 8 ounces of pastry then I only had to wash up once afterwards. Last year, just after christmas, sainsburys were selling large jars of mincemeat at silly prices of about 30 pence so I grabbed several. The sell by date isn't until later this year! Half fat to flour popped into my mixer and it was done in no time. I got 12 pies out of 8 ounces of flour. I couldn't find the cutters so I used 2 different sized glasses instead. The 2 other balls of pastry are wrapped in greaseproof paper in the fridge ready to make something else next week.

2 comments:

  1. I've still got lots of mincemeat left too because I bought some cheap after christmas!

    ReplyDelete