Sunday, 28 July 2013

Decluttering the garden

Friday was spent clearing the back garden. Sorry no pics yet. It was still really hot but as the weekend was forcast for heavy rain, I wanted to get as much of it done as possible before it got a soaking.

An old small shed was stacked up neatly while I decide if it is worth repairing or not. Behind where the shed had been, we found a pile of wooden fence posts and bamboo sticks. These have all been stacked neatly.

 Grass and nettles have been cut, and a huge metal frame (which had been used as a dumping place for various old bits of fence and general junk and had weeds growing through the sides,) has been taken to the scrap yard. We also found several rabbit run frames which will probably go for firewood. They are on the front garden ready to be freeecyled.

We have so many plant pots, I don't have room for so some of them will go on freecyle.

Lots of plant watering is going on in our front and back gardens at the moment.

And finally, all that rain and thunder we were supposed to get today?  It's just after 1 am and I have only heard 1 rumble of thunder and  it only rained for about 2 hours so we will probably still have to water the veggies tomorrow (Sunday) which is today really.

1 comment:

  1. That's a job I need to get into around here, too. I am building myself a new raised bed for the veggies, hopefully to get them out of my flowerbeds. The flowers and veggies are constantly competing for the space. Things should look a bit neater next year without the many odds and ends containers I have been using to grow various plants. It's looking good in my dream anyway.

    ReplyDelete