Friday, 25 January 2013

Frugal Homemade Veg Soup and Croutons.

Good evening dear readers.

I love soup and made some the other evening with croutons.

I just use whatever veg we have in.   This time I had carrots and parsnips which were 20 pence yellow sticker bags. 2 cloves of garlic,  3 value veg stock cubes
in just over a litre of water. 2 onions.  3 potatoes, 1 carton of aldi passata, all cut up small and salt n pepper added and cooked on the hob for about half an hour. For the croutons I just toasted some bread and cut into small squares.

Hopefully there should be a photo here somewhere as I have blogged from my phone.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. yep it's soup time of year, we have had homemade soup three times this week for supper. Yours looks good.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete