Friday, 14 September 2012

Sad Times.

Last week my old Lhasa Apso, Rosie Posie had to go to the vets as she had developed a swelling on her rear end and the vet said it was a large tumor. She said we could try giving her steroids which MIGHT halt its growth, but it wouldn't shrink it and she hopefully might live another couple of months at most but would be miserable and uncomfortable. As she was over 14 years old and almost blind, and had already had an operation to remove lots of teeth  about 3 years ago, I didn't feel it was fair to put her through any more  so I made the heartbreaking decision to have her put to sleep.

All that and tomorrow, Polly my Golden Retriever, has her monthly check up with the vets tomorrow morning. She still is enjoying life mostly, though she has the odd day where she isn't so lively, but she still enjoys her walks and food and lots of cuddles.  Her muscles are weaker though and she struggles sometimes, to get up, but I'm hoping the vet will say she is ok to carry on a bit longer. I'm dreading it though.  On Wednesday, my eldest took her over the field for her usual walk, and the cheeky monkey went lolloping over to the football players to try and get their ball. She seems to find it easier to canter along than to walk.

Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for you. I do agree that you are doing the right thing but it doesnt make you feel any better about it does it.The main thing is she wont be suffering and you wont have to watch her deteriorate either.Thats the really horrible side of owning a pet who becomes a member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought something was wrong as you hadn't posted for a while - I've been checking in everyday. Thinking of you. Xxx sending hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Freesia
    So sorry to hear the news about your Rosie. It is such a heart breaking decision to make even though it is the right thing to do. My time is coming soon with my old girl Autumn (moggie) She is 14 also and body not doing things as it should.
    All the best
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete