Monday, 13 August 2012

To the vets again!

In the early morning of Saturday just gone, (4.50 to be precise) I was woken by my golden retriever Polly. She was making a wining noise and I was very worried about her as she has been having treatment for Arthritis. I wasn't sure if she was having a dream or  a pain but she settled again and I made sure she was ok then busied myself about until it got to 8 o'clock when I phoned the vets and got an appointment to take her in at 10 am.

On examination, the vet confirmed that she is a bit more stiff and uncomfortable and has lost a bit of muscle tone, but that her painkillers could be upped a little. I asked lots of questions and the vet said that as long as she is still enjoying life and eating ( which most of the time she does eat like a pig) then she will probably be ok for a month or two but that she would probably not be good to go through the winter weather (which is what I've said to the family all along). 

She has been with us for 13 & 1/2 years and we can't bear to let her go but we love her too much to let her suffer so fingers crossed the tablets will keep her pain free enough to enjoy life for as long as possible.

Was going to post another photo of her but can't find one on this pc so will look again and maybe be back later with one.

Bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. Worth every penny and I'm sure you'll make the right decision, thinking of you - Froogs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks froogs, we are taking it one day at a time.

      Delete
  2. You just do everything you can for an animal that is loved.

    ReplyDelete