Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Fruit Picking and Cycling to trim up a bit.

Today we went to 2 fruit farms and picked these beauties:

Gooseberries, Raspberries, Strawberries and Broadbeans.
The broadbeans I have hulled and frozen.
The fruit I intend to make tarts, jam and fresh with whipped cream.

Recently I bought a bike with basket and lights from one of those ads in shop windows for £20.  The woman originally wanted £25 but I waved the £20 note in front of her and she accepted.

I wouldn't buy a new bike as it's a waste of money if I can get it 2nd hand in good condition for a fraction of the price.

For a few years now I have been overweight and am always intending to eat more healthily and get a little more excercise and I started Sunday.
I usually go with my eldest and the 2 chihuahua babbas in their special doggie basket with frame lid on.
They love going 'in the basket on the bike'
Here is a photo of the doggie basket, which I think came from halfords.... it cost about £22. The green bike that it is attatched to is another bike I got from freecycle a couple of years ago.

Sorry it's not very clear but I will take another pic tomorrow complete with occupants:)

Off now for a browse on the interweb.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could ride a bike but when I had the choice of a bike or a puppy for my (I think) 13th birthday,II chose the puppy. But I think I would be too frightened to ride one on the busy roads round here.
    Lovely fruit, our gooseberries seemed to love all this rain!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I have to admit that I only cycle on the roads when it's quiet, otherwise I ride on the path (slowly).

    ReplyDelete