Thursday, 14 June 2012

Freecycle and Plants. Decluttering, Recycling, Money and Singing.

Hello Readers,

I didn't have much success with seeds this year, mainly due to the weather and slugs.
Freecycle saved the day however in the form of a very kind lady who gave me lots of young plants that she had spare as she just oversowed.
She gave me 4 different kinds of tomatoes, runner beans, french beans, broccoli, cabbage, and kale. When I find my sd card I will take photos. At a guess I have been given at least 50 plants. I will count them when I photo them.

I have been on a major declutttering mission this year on and off and have been collecting together anything metal to fill up the car and see what we could get from the scrap man. We had an old bbq, a defunct petrol mower and a few other odds and sods and what did he give me?  A princely sum of £5!!!  I had hoped for more but concidered it a blessing as a few years ago it would have gone into the metal bin at the tip but I have changed my mind about that and thought the £5 was better in my pocket. We coincided the trip with going to b & q as we needed a few paving slabs and the £5 went towards two of the 8 slabs we bought. Lovely jubbly:)

I have also been saving drinks cans and have a full bin bag of flattened aluminium cans to go to the scrap man when I have collected enough brass to go too.  I have gone off brass a bit now and also because I am decluttering and need the money (vets bills don't ask, will tell you later) so another trip planned for soon. This time I am hoping for more as I know brass is worth a reasonable amount.

Next week my daughter's school is holding a charity singing show and she is singing 2 songs, 1 with a group and then she is closing the show with a song on her own. She has taught herself to play piano and will be playing and singing a song at the same time.  If I can get it filmed I will try to put it on here. We filmed her last year aswell so I will see if I can find it. I know she's mine but I think she is good and very brave doing that in front of the school in their hall. Might be back later if I can find my sd card.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,frugal freesia, I don't think I had seen your blog before. Your dogs look exactly like mine, one of them could be her twin !!

    ReplyDelete