Saturday, 7 April 2012

Quilting

Good Evening Readers.

I haven't been blogging for the last week or so as I've been busing reading tutorials on you tube about quilt making.
I am interested in, and do a lot of different crafts and quilting is something I have somehow managed to miss but I have wanted to do it for years and now I have finally made a start!
I intended to start a king sized one for my bed first but in the end I got distracted by some fabrics I had and decided on a baby's quilt as that was all there was enough fabric for.
I'm certainly glad I started on something small as it was very tricky on my small domestic machine.
The photo above is the quilt almost finished, I just have to do the binding.
The photo is not very good. I will hopefully get a better one done tomorrow when the quilt is finished.

I think my next project is going to be patchwork placemats. I went to town again today and bought the thermo wadding stuff for them and I've just got to decide on the colours. I saw the gorgeous flower fabric in the shop and got 2 metres and 2 metres of the red flowery fabric (photo above with the thermo wadding in the middle).

I also found my cafetiere whilst sorting out a cupboard so will try to design a quilted cosy for it.

I am still thinking about what else to have for my giveaway if I can get to 50 followers. One idea is an apron I made from recycled curtain fabric. I will post a photo of it tomorrow.

I'm off now to make a plastic template for patchwork out of an old video case as when I looked at one in the shop they wanted £9 for it! It was only four and a half inches square, shocking rip off.

3 comments:

  1. totally and absolutely brilliant, I love it - love Froogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous, you have made a lovely job of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Froogs and Anne.
      The weather here has been rain and cloud all day so didn't try to photograph the baby quilt yet but as soon as I get a chance I will.

      Delete