Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Oops, burnt cake and Birds of Feather show

This is the lemon drizzle cake ready to go into the oven:

Unfortunately I made a mistake with the heat setting and it turned into this sorry sight:

But I managed to cut the burnt layer off and the gannets that live in my house ate it.


I forgot to say on my previous post that 2 of the photos I put up were of my seed sprouter. The cress on the top layer we had with boiled eggs in sandwiches for lunch today.

Last week (on Wednesday) I drove to Southend on sea in Essex to the Cliffs Pavilion Theatre with my eldest, to see Birds of a Feather with Linda Robson, Pauline Quirke and Lesley Joseph.  It was excellent, just as good as the shows used to be on the television.  I noticed a good couple of times when the cast were corpsing (laughing) because of the jokes they were coming out with. So funny. We had seats in the balcony, it's a lovely theatre.  They are performing the play on tour around the country until about june but I think it is nearly all sold out.  I know we found it difficult to get 2 tickets.  If you like the original series, you will probably like this. Unfortunately my camera was playing up but I managed to record snippets of it. 

Oh well, I've been up since 4.15 am Monday so a bit tired now lol so I will say goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh, Ive lost count of the amount of times I have cut the top of cakes, usually because I have forgotten them and left them in the oven too long!

    ReplyDelete