Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Mot Blues and Pasta Bake

Yesterday i took my car in for its Mot and it failed on several points.Its going to be expensive. It needs a new tyre on the front nearside, a fog lamp bulb, 2 new wiper blades ( my cars always need these replacing, I dont know why),  and 2 new constant velocity joint gaiters! It also failed its emissions test and the examiner told me it might be ok with a good run up the motorway and some engine cleaner stuff. So no car for about a week I guess until this is all done and my purse is a lot lighter. I dont know how I will manage for a whole week but I will have to. At least I was able to get on with some crochet while I waited an hour for the chap to test the car.
The photo is what we had for dinner yesterday. Pasta Bake made by boiling a 500g bag of Sainsburys Basic pasta (price just 18 pence a packet, I like that :)  ). Simmer for about 6 mins, drain,  then place in an oven proof dish with a tin of sweetcorn, and stir in 2 packets of cheeese sauce (4 packets for £1 from Asda) and grated cheese sprinkled over the top. I cook this in the oven gas mark 5 for about 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment