Monday, 24 October 2011

Lap blanket photo

Here as promised is a photo of the crochet blanket that I have been working on.Should help keep me warm as it is 40% pure wool. I have just got to sew all the ends in (which I hate doing lol) then I will probably work a row of double crochet all around the edge to finish it off. I will post a photo of it when I've done.

In my slow cooker.

Ive recently bought a slow cooker and am amazed how handy it is to use. I can just throw everything into to it, turn it on and leave it to cook, its brilliant.
I  made a vegetable stew and dumplings yesterday and got 8 good portions out of it so was able to freeze 4 portions for another day.
I have a book called 'the ultimate slow cooker cookbook' by cara hobday and was leafing through it this morning and found out you can make jams and marmalade in it so I will be trying that in the next day or two and will post recipe and photos if it turns out ok
Bye for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just arrived here on a blog hop. Great to meet another grannymanic. The blanket will be just the thing for keeping you warm especially as it's all wool. The colours blend in well with your couch too.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello
    the granny looks wonderful.I love the colours.
    blessing,regina
    reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete